Andrew is an expert at helping businesses avoid and resolve disputes. He was a partner at a leading City law firm for the best part of 20 years. He has been very successful working with clients to develop and execute strategies to manage disputes and litigation risk.
Andrew conducts and advises on litigation and arbitration where it is necessary, but he is also highly experienced in the use of negotiation, mediation and other forms of ADR to resolve disputes. He advises upon a wide range of contentious commercial issues and has particular expertise in shareholder disputes, contentious technology matters, professional services and insurance. He was appointed in 2019 as a judge of the First Tier Tribunal.
- 2020 Consultant at nexa law Limited
- 2016 – 2020 Consultant at Peregrine Law and Radiant Law
- 2014 – present: Consultant Dispute Resolution Solicitor
- 2012 – 2015 General Editor and Co-Author of Commercial Litigation – Jurisdictional Comparisons
- 2011 – 2014 Partner at Clyde & Co LLP
- 1992 – 2011 Associate and then Partner at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert
- 1986- 1992 Trainee and then Associate at Baileys Shaw & Gillett
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Commercial litigation
- Professional liability
- Risk management
- Technology disputes
Family permitting Andrew is a keen sports fan and likes to cook, ideally with a glass of red wine to hand. He enjoys cycling and walking holidays and has been known to enter the occasional charity run or triathlon.